Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Kar-t-yay

Well, that's how you're suppose to pronounce Cartier.

I had a long drive the other day to Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi for a Cartier fashion show. And when you're driving alone for almost 2 hours, that is really long. I kept myself awake listening to Kanye West... let's have a toast for the d_____bags, let's have a toast for the a__holes, let's have a toast for the s___bags, everyone of them that I know.... =)

I got there, had a brief, then started shooting. 

First, some shots of the jewelries...









Then the display booth...




The cool and unique catwalk...



And then I was kicked out! Apparently the first part of the event were for ladies only... which my contact forgot to mention. 

Anyway, I ended up shooting backstage. When I got there, all the models were already dressed up, hanging out, having last minute touch-ups before they hit the stage.










I stayed there until the start of the second show. So here are some more images at the backstage after the end of the first show.

Models relaxing and passing out time...



Some of them needed some retouching and so as their gowns.




And then, the show... It wasn't the usual fashion show where you have a  continuous light  on the catwalk. The lights were constantly changing every second. Flash photography is a  no-no,  so I have to adjust my exposure every now and then.








I've seen a lot of fashion shows but this one is at the top of my list. Kudos to JBM Studio for the very unique fashion show experience. They had awesome lighting effects (which was quite a challenge for me), a unique catwalk and the music... well, I felt like I was in outer space! 

What would you expect? Of course they'll have a glamorous  fashion show in a 7 star hotel! They're selling jewelries with a price tag that can buy you a two-story house and lot back in my country. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 25, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

hi armil, ambient light lang lahat right? your photos are inspiring :)
-leny cruzado

Armil Veloso October 25, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

salamat idol leny. yup, lahat yan e ambient light lang... the magic of D3S. halos hindi na nga ako gumagamit ng flash ngayon sa mga shoots ko e. hehehe...

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP