Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lunar Eclipse

Last night, I stayed up until 2:30am to document the longest lunar eclipse in the past 11 years. I was lucky that my flat was facing the direction where the moon was. Using my D700 with 70-200mm 2.8 VR attached to a tripod positioned at my balcony, I started shooting at around 10pm. Continuously shooting in 5 minutes interval. 


The partial eclipse started to be visible at around 10:15pm. At around 11:10pm the moon started to turn red/orange before getting completely covered by the earth's shadow. The moon was then again full at around 2:30pm.




Instead of posting all the photos, I decided to create a video. I stitched the individual photos in Adobe Premiere Pro and added a small dramatic music... 






There'll be another lunar eclipse in December 10 this year which will be visible in parts of Asia and Australia. But it'll be shorter than the eclipse last night. In case you want to see the next one this long, you have to wait until 2141. I'm sure I'll be long gone before that happens. =)



0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP